Robert Schwarz is a licensed psychologist specializing in individual, couples, and family therapy and maintains a private practice in Bryn Mawr, PA.
With over 35 years of experience as a psychologist, marriage counselor, family therapist, and coach, his approach is holistic combining the best aspects of traditional approaches with complementary approaches to treatment including energy psychology, hypnosis, imagery, mindfulness, and nutrition.
He is currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients and is also the executive director of the association for comprehensive energy psychology. Among his areas of expertise are relationships, trauma, anxiety, and panic.
Dr. Schwarz is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. His therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. He integrates holistic methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, he works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Dr. Schwarz is the author or Co-Author of 3 professional books:
- We're No Fun Anymore: Helping Couples Create Joyful Marriages Through the Power of Play (2011)
- Tools for Transforming Trauma (2002)
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Clinician's Guide. (1996)
Dr. Schwarz also gives keynotes and workshops and has presented at:
- International conferences on brief therapy, treating trauma, Ericksonian hypnosis, energy psychology, panic & anxiety;
- Businesses and organizations such as General Electric, KPMG, Ernst & Young, the coast guard, US government on gender diversity communication in the workplace, improvisation and creativity, communication and customer service
- General audiences speaking on the topics of stress management, communication, gender differences
BA, University of Pennsylvania
PsyD, Hahnemann University
License, Certifications & Awards
Pa licensed psychologist
Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Approved Consultant, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
Diplomate in Comprehensive Energy Psychology
Diagnostic Level, Thought Field Therapy
Master Practitioner, Neurolinguistics Programming
Licensed Mars and Venus Counselor
Structural Family Therapy
Strategic Family Therapy
Solution Focused Therapy
Professional Activities and Memberships
Executive Director, Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (2009-present)
President Institute for Advanced Clinical Training (1989-1996)
Director of Mars Venus Workplace Seminars (1997-2004)
Board of Directors, Ass. for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (2005-2008)
Member National Speaker's Association (1997-present)
Psychologists, psychologist, psychologist Ardmore, psychologist Bryn Mawr, psychologist Wynnewood, Ardmore, Bryn Mawr, Bala Cynwyd, mainline, Haverford, Havertown, psychotherapist, Psychotherapy, Marriage counseling Bryn Mawr, marriage counselor Bryn Mawr